Practice Manager - Celyn Vet Group Abergele
We are looking for a dynamic forward thinking individual with experience of management and team leadership to assist in the operational running of this fantastic four site veterinary group based in beautiful North Wales.
The job includes the day to day running of the group, HR, rotas, assisting with Health and Safety management, marketing and dealing with clients.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, sound financial /business acumen and to be willing to drive the group forward and implement new ideas and services.
Experience of working in the veterinary industry is beneficial but it is not essential. You will have access to an excellent support network outside of the practice including HR, Marketing and financial guidance and the opportunity to further your own development and career whilst working for a bold and enterprising nationwide Veterinary group.
Practice Manager - Warwickshire
For only the second time in our history we have a fantastic opportunity for a Practice Manager to lead our admin team at Avonvale Veterinary Centres. You will be responsible for managing the smooth and efficient running of our well established 5 centre independent practice. We are RCVS accredited with a small animal hospital in Warwick and 4 general practice surgeries in Southam, Kenilworth, Wellesbourne and Stratford upon Avon. This role primarily involves leading our admin team in providing day to day administrative support to our surgeries, facilitating the consistent delivery of excellent customer service, ensuring we continue to meet the standards required for the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, legislative requirements and H&S legislation, working with the directors to develop and implement Practice projects and promoting Avonvale throughout the community.
The ideal applicant will be a people person with excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer service alongside proven abilities in team leadership and project management. Strong organisational and administrative skills are essential and experience with practice management software, human resources and knowledge of the veterinary profession are an advantage. A cheerful ‘can do’ attitude is highly valued.
We have a friendly working environment and a supportive team. This role may be worked over a 4 or 5 day week. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with private health insurance, VPMA membership and CPD.
Business Support Manager - Home Based Role
Competitive salary, excellent benefits and a fantastic opportunity for career development.
Independent Vetcare is the fastest growing Veterinary Group in the UK. We have come together out of our desire to pool resources, skills and knowledge. We believe in local management and clinical quality is at the heart of everything we do. Our company has strong core values of integrity, loyalty, respect for its staff and clients. Due to the rapid growth of our group, we need an additional Business Support Manager to join our central support team. This is a key role where you will be responsible for supporting and advising all of the veterinary practices in your area and providing a close link between our Clinical Directors and the central team (finance, marketing, purchasing, HR, property and IT). You will also be helping new practices integrate successfully into the larger group.
You could be currently working as a Practice Manager or Senior Nurse, or you may already be undertaking a similar role in a parallel industry. With excellent people management and influencing skills you will be involved in recruitment, improving operational performance, helping sites problem-solve and providing them with commercial acumen when required.
We are looking for someone with the following:
• Experience of vet industry or other similar clinical background
• Self-motivated and track record of independent working
• Ability to embrace change and be flexible as the group evolves
• Experience of management responsibilities
• Warm communicator with strong people skills
• Good appreciation of Human Resources and Health & Safety issues
• Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• Some flexibility with working hours and place of work required. The role will require travel.
Practice Manager Opportunity – Barton Veterinary Hospital – Canterbury
Due to upcoming retirement, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join our team at Barton Veterinary Hospital in Canterbury.
As Practice Manager, you will also be responsible for managing the smooth and efficient daily running of our successful Veterinary Hospital & Surgery. In the role, some of your key responsibilities will involve:
· Ensuring we consistently deliver excellent customer service.
· Ensuring we continually meet the standards required for the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, legislative requirements and H&S legislation.
· Personnel management, in line management and company HR policies.
· Managing invoicing, P&L and credit control activities.
· Contributing to the development of the business by implementing ideas and improvements.
· Overseeing a team of receptionists.
If you have proven experience of practice management/coordination and have a passion for providing the very best service to customers and colleagues alike, then we would welcome your application.
In return, you will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including:
· Competitive salary and package.
· The opportunity to enrol in our industry leading sharesave scheme.
· A range of training and development opportunities.
· Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such as child care vouchers and subsidised gym membership.
Practice Manager - Northampton
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our busy 24/7 small animal practice based in Northampton which is fully equipped to hospital standard.
The successful candidate will assistthe Practice Partnerswiththeday-to-dayorganization and management of the practice and ensure a high level of customer service is delivered at all times. The ideal candidate will have good team leading, administrative and organisational skills with previous experience of human resources, finance and business management. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a strong customer service focus and a good business sense are also pre-requisites. Above all else though you will have excellent people skills.
This rewarding position is full time, based around a 5-day working week over various shifts and will include occasional weekends when necessary. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Practice Partner in growing, improving and managing the business.
We offer a supportive and friendly working environment together with career development opportunities and an excellent salary package and exclusive company benefits and rewards - including 20% off at Pets at Home, The Vet Group, The Groom Room & Ride Away.
If you would like to join our winning team and you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare and great customer service, then we would love to hear from you.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply, please visit careers.myvetpractice.co.uk
Business Development Manager
Are you a vet who wants a non-clinical challenge?
Business Development Manager
Willows Veterinary Services Ltd are looking for a Business Development Manager to join their highly successful and expanding organisation.
You will be responsible for building upon our key accounts base by providing exceptional service and support to our referring veterinary practices and emergency service partners. Implementing our robust development strategy, you will be able to address issues of growth, retention and reactivation. You will require strong communication and influencing skills together with a real flair for understanding the different needs of our business partners and how we can best serve them and their clients. You will also work closely with the marketing team to deliver and develop our marketing strategy, including that for CPD and our attendance at trade shows.
Interested? You will have:
- excellent communication and negotiation skills, friendly and enjoy meeting new people
- good time management and organisational skills
- a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- All applicants must possess a full driving licence.
To learn more about Willows please see our website at www.willows.uk.net
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further in the first instance, please call Lynne Hill, CEO or Jenny Corrall, Practice Manager, on +44 (0)121 712 7070.
Apply either online at www.willows.uk.net/careers or in writing including a letter of intent, current CV and an application form – the latter can be downloaded from the website or sent to you by telephoning Alison Dickenson on +44 (0)121 712 7070.
Veterinary Support Manager
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare Charity and we are currently recruiting for a:
Veterinary Support Manager
Full Time, 35hrs per week
We are looking for a registered veterinary nurse or holder of an animal welfare degree, who is an experienced manager and confident communicator with excellent organisational and leadership skills and self-motivation. The successful post-holder will have experience of working in the veterinary and animal, charity or commercial sector. Working with a team of veterinary surgeons, the post-holder will develop and lead the veterinary support team to manage central administrative processes including centralised discount schemes, input on software development and its management and provide veterinary, behaviour and welfare guidance to the charity and the veterinary profession. Generous package including basic salary of £35,505 plus additional benefits.
Closing Date: 23rd November 2015
Interview Date: 2nd December 2015
Ref No: VS53
No agencies please
Reg Charity 203644 (England and Wales) and SC037711 (Scotland)
Details of the position and an application pack can be found here: http://cats-careers.org.uk/Vacancies/Vacancies
Veterinary Hospital Manager, Pet Medics, Manchester
A fantastic opportunity for a Hospital Manager has arisen at Pet Medics Veterinary Hospital in Manchester.
Working as part of a new management team, that includes a new Clinical Director and Hub Area Manager. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth administration and running of a 24/7/365 Hospital that provides 1st opinion, out of hours and referral services to patients and vet practices across Greater Manchester.
In the role, some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing a diverse team with direct reports that include the; Ambulance Manager, Head Day Nurse, Head Night Nurse & Head Receptionist.
• Initiating and driving business improvement activities that positively affect patients & their owners, OOH’s & referral customers and Pet Medics employees.
• Supporting the financial management of the Hospital in areas such as budget management, pricing, debt management and CAPEX spend.
• Building a culture of performance management and development.
• Supporting marketing initiatives in conjunction with the group marketing department.
• Overseeing facilities and H&S management and compliance for the Hospital site.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of managing or assistant managing a Hospital or large practice site. This can have been gained in the veterinary, medical (NHS or private practice) or similarly related field.
• Knowledge and experience of managing and balancing accounts – such as invoicing and P&L review.
• A proven record of managing and developing others.
• Experience of managing and implementing business and process improvements.
• A passion for delivering the best possible service, support & outcomes for patients, customers and colleagues.
Pet Medics is part of CVS Group plc, one of the UKs leading veterinary service providers and as a Hospital Manager you will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including:
• The opportunity to enrol in our leading share save scheme.
• A competitive salary package.
• Generous holiday allowance.
• Supported and encouraged professional development.
• Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs (such as subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme).
To apply, please email
with your CV and covering letter.
You can also learn more about CVS Group and other current career opportunities we have by visiting http://www.cvsukltd.co.uk/careers/current-vacancies/.
VPMA Regional Organisers Required
One of the key areas of the VPMA is its regional activity, so that we can try to bring networking opportunities and CPD to members (and non-members) across the whole of the UK.
In order for us to continue developing this regional structure, we do require the assistance of our members, in terms of assisting us by co-ordinating and hosting regional meetings.
We are particularly keen to try and find Regional Organisers who would be willing to hold such meetings in the Yorkshire, East Midlands, East Anglia and London regions. However, if you live in an area that isn’t covered by our current Regional Organisers, and you feel there is a need for regional meetings, then we would like to hear from you as well.
Please see “the role of a regional organiser”. If you would like to consider becoming a Regional Organiser, please contact the VPMA Secretariat.
We do hope that you can assist us in continuing to develop the VPMA’s regional structure.
Please Note: This is a voluntary role and you must be a VPMA Member.