An RCVS accredited Practice has a position available for a practice manager/PA to join our team. The position would involve sole responsibility for the running of the office and all aspects of the practice. We are a small but fun team that is rapidly growing and constantly moving forward. Applicant must be organised and efficient and able to cope with adverse situations at all times. The job entails social media marketing and advertising as well as running diaries and managing accounts.
We offer a good salary and a fun working environment as well as a committed attitude towards personal development.
HR Manager Vacancy
Blythwood Vets have an excellent opportunity for an HR Advisor with some Marketing skills to join our well established veterinary practice. Reporting to the practice manager, you will handle transactional HR operations as well as leading on any HR projects for our team of 40+ employee’s. You will need basic skills in marketing to assist in coordinating our well established team.
Whilst managing the day to day operational elements of HR, such as, recruitment, HR database, absence management, induction process and probationary review you will also be asked to support the practice manager with HR improvements such as creating and implementing process and procedure and marketing products and the business on a day-to-day basis. This job would be considered on a full or part time basis depending on skills.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Providing first point of contact for HR related queries monitoring, reviewing and updating all policies in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Procurement and delivery of internal training to support L and D for the group.
- Provided the link for employees so they understand their entitlements responsibilities.
- Manage all staff relationships, promptly respond to queries and manage expectations
- Ensure Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal obligations and company policies, processes and procedures
- Help to drive organisational performance by driving core business objectives
- Work in partnership with line managers on performance management and employee relations.
- Facilitate grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings in an effective, consistent and timely manner
- Ensure that knowledge of current best practice and legislation
- Undertake marketing project work as required by the business
This is a unique opportunity to join a progressive learning environment. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, knowledgeable and able to manage a strong team.
Practice manager required, Folkestone, Kent
Anna House Veterinary Clinic, an independent family-owned veterinary practice located in the scenic coastal town of Folkestone, is looking for a practice manager.
You should have good organisational and administration skills as you will be overseeing the day to day running of the practice, providing vital support to the small team of veterinary surgeons and nurses.
This is a friendly practice and you will be an integral part of ensuring everything runs smoothly so management skills are crucial.
Some veterinary experience is desirable but not essential.
Business Development Manager
Awarded investors in people gold and RCVS accredited small animal practice; we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team at Budget Vets.
We have 5 branches in Newport, Porth, Blackwood, Risca and Abertillery.
We are looking for a dynamic, well organised, proactive Operational Manager to drive the Company forward during a sustained period of growth.
Your operational and people management skills are the primary focus for this role, however experience in the Veterinary sector is desirable.
The Business Development Manager Role and Responsibilities
HR responsibilities, including:
· Lead by example in all activities
· staff training;
· staff appraisals;
· recruiting support staff; and recruiting professional staff
· Staff management – discipline and grievance hearings and investigations.
Marketing and service delivery responsibilities, including:
· clinical and other reminders;
· promotion of healthcare and over-the-counter sales;
· client and/or patient advocate;
· handling complaints;
· PR and practice image; and practice standards scheme.
· Be the face of the company, live and reinforce its values in all interaction
Practice assets, including:
· equipment and facilities;
· stock control; and
· IT hardware and services.
Financial responsibilities, including:
· Encourage and focus on profitability in business
· cash control and banking;
· credit control;
· data retrieval for accountants, etc.
· review and amend operational policies; and
· pricing and fees.
Business strategy, including:
· vision and mission;
· business leadership;
· business planning; and
· strategic decision making
· Bring the core values of the company to life
VPMA Regional Organisers Required
One of the key areas of the VPMA is its regional activity, so that we can try to bring networking opportunities and CPD to members (and non-members) across the whole of the UK.
In order for us to continue developing this regional structure, we do require the assistance of our members, in terms of assisting us by co-ordinating and hosting regional meetings.
We are particularly keen to try and find Regional Organisers who would be willing to hold such meetings in the Yorkshire, East Midlands, East Anglia and London regions. However, if you live in an area that isn’t covered by our current Regional Organisers, and you feel there is a need for regional meetings, then we would like to hear from you as well.
Please see “the role of a regional organiser”. If you would like to consider becoming a Regional Organiser, please contact the VPMA Secretariat.
We do hope that you can assist us in continuing to develop the VPMA’s regional structure.